If you’re looking to get rid of your old lawn mower and make some money, then this article is for you. We’ll go over the best places to sell your lawn mower and provide tips for getting the most out of it. With these strategies in mind, you can be sure that you’ll get a great price for your lawn mower and make a profit in no time.
How Can I Find Out What My Used Mower Is Worth?
The first step in successfully selling your used lawn mower is to figure out its value. There are a few ways to do sell used lawn mower, including:
1. Asking Neighbors
To get an accurate idea of people’s willingness to pay for your mower, it’s best to ask around. Although your neighbors may not be interested in buying a new machine, there is no harm in asking how much they’d realistically spend on it.
Gather opinions from family and friends, as well as from local folks you know who meet up at the corner store each morning. Doing this can help you practice negotiating prices without having to commit to a sale.
2. Research Similar Models
Look up similar models and find out the average market price of them. This can give you an idea of how much you should be selling your mower for, and even provide you with a starting point in negotiations. You may also want to check online classifieds or auction websites to get an idea of what people are willing to pay for a used lawn mower.
3. Get An Appraisal
If possible, take your mower into a nearby repair shop and have it appraised by a professional. They will be able to tell you exactly how much it’s worth, giving you all the information you need when deciding on an asking price.
Where Can I Sell My
4. Make An Estimate
Finally, make an estimate of your own. Take into account any repairs that need to be done on the mower, as well as its age and condition. You may also want to consider other factors like how long it has been since you last used it or if you’ve kept up with maintenance.
Things To Do Before Sell Lawn Mower
Now that you have an idea of what your mower is worth, it’s time to prepare it for sale. This includes:
Clean off the exterior and interior of your lawn mower before photographing or showing it off. Make sure to remove any dirt, grass clippings, or debris from its surface and give it a thorough wipe down.
If there are any problems with the mower (such as loose nuts or bolts), be sure to tighten them up beforehand. You may also need to replace parts that are worn-out or broken if they cannot be fixed right away.
3. Maintenance Checkup
Give the mower a maintenance checkup to ensure that it is in prime condition for sale. Make sure all the parts are working properly and that there aren’t any leaks or other issues with its performance.
Take several photos of your mower from different angles. This will give potential buyers a better idea of what they’re getting, helping them make an informed decision when purchasing it.
Where To Sell Lawn Mower?
Once you’ve gone through the necessary steps before selling your mower, it’s time to figure out which platform is best for you. These include:
- Craigslist – A popular classifieds website where you can post an ad for your lawn mower with images and descriptions. Sales pitch: Find the perfect lawn mower at a great price and maintain a beautiful lawn with ease.
- eBay – An established online auction and shopping platform where you can list your lawn mower at a fixed price or auction it. Sales pitch: Discover a wide range of lawn mowers at competitive prices and make yard work a breeze.
- Amazon – A giant online retailer that allows you to sell your lawn mower as a new or used product. Sales pitch: Shop top-rated selling lawn mowers from trusted sellers and enjoy fast shipping and exceptional customer service.
- Facebook Marketplace: If most of your friends and family are on Facebook, then you should consider posting your lawn mower for sale on the platform’s marketplace feature. This way, those closest to you will be able to see it first and you won’t have to worry about shipping costs.
- Word Of Mouth: Lastly, don’t forget the power of word of mouth. Tell those around you that you’re selling a lawn mower and let them spread the news to their circles. This is an effective way to get the word out without having to pay for marketing.
Local Shops and Dealers
- Local Lawn Equipment Dealers – Reach out to your local lawn equipment dealers to see if they are interested in buying or consigning your lawn mower. Sales pitch: Choose from our extensive selection of quality lawn mowers at unbeatable prices.
- Pawn Shops – For a quick sale, consider selling your lawn mower to a local pawn shop. Sales pitch: Get instant cash for your pre-owned lawn mower and rest assured knowing it’s in good hands.
- Consignment Stores – Place your lawn mower in a local consignment store for increased visibility and the opportunity for a higher selling price. Sales pitch: Find the perfect lawn mower at reasonable prices and shop our wide variety of options.
Other Retail and Wholesale Channels
- Farmers Markets – Set up a booth at your local farmers market to showcase your lawn mower to potential buyers. Sales pitch: Upgrade your lawn care routine with our high-quality, reliable lawn mowers.
- Community Garage Sales – Participate in a community-wide garage sale event and sell your lawn mower along with other items. Sales pitch: Why buy new when you can get a top-performing lawn mower at an unbeatable price?
- Landscaping Professionals – Offer your lawn mower to local landscaping professionals who need reliable equipment. Sales pitch: Maximize your efficiency and the attractiveness of your clients’ lawns with our sturdy and dependable lawn mowers.
- Golf Courses – Reach out to golf courses in your area to help maintain their course grounds by selling them your lawn mower. Sales pitch: Keep your golf course pristine and well-groomed with our durable and efficient lawn mowers.
- Schools and Parks Departments – Contact local schools and parks departments to see if they’re in the market for a new or used lawn mower. Sales pitch: Ensure safety and beautiful green spaces in your community with our high-quality lawn mowers.
Remember, when selling your lawn mower through any channel, always highlight its key features, maintainability, and cost-efficiency to make it more appealing to potential buyers.
We buy used lawn mowers?
There are many online marketplaces and local shops that buy used lawn mowers. Before you sell your mower, take it into a repair shop for any necessary repairs and to make sure it’s ready for sale.
What is the best way to sell my lawn mower?
The best way to sell your lawn mower depends on your location and the condition of the mower. If it’s in good condition, consider selling it online through a marketplace like eBay or Amazon. You can also contact local shops or pawn shops, participate in a community garage sale event, or reach out to landscaping professionals or golf courses for potential buyers.
So, we hope you get the answer about where can i sell my lawn mower? There are many places you can sell your lawn mower, depending on what works best for you and your needs.
Consider online marketplaces, local shops and dealers, farmers markets, community garage sales, or even outside-the-box customers.
And don’t forget to highlight the key features and maintenance of your mower to make it more desirable for potential buyers.
Douglas Mackalie is a Founder of Mackalies Garden. He is one of the most exciting people you’ll ever meet. He has 25 years of experience in horticulture and gardening, most of which he’s spent outdoors getting his hands dirty.